Senior Product Manager
Seeking an experienced, organized and driven individual to lead and direct the company’s strategic goals for new and existing products.
As Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
A product manager’s key role is strategic, not tactical. The other organizations will support your strategic efforts; you won’t be supporting their tactical tasks.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (25%).
- Competitive salary
- 3 weeks vacation
- Health/dental/vision benefits
- Free gym membership
- Free coffee (we have an espresso machine!)